Easy steps for modelling a vacant lot
This is imagined to be a “dirt” vacant piece of ground over run with weeds and trash.
- The color of dirt (one of my products that end in “0” is an earth power. In this case, it’s #1020 Light Earth. Notice that a lot of it shows through. The whole area was covered with it first and glued in place. I chose to place some random gravel (#1154 Basalt ballast for an extra effect.
- 2 Dead and Alive Ground cover was applied sparingly.
- 4 Yellow Grass was applied by just clipping short pieces with scissors and allowed to fall randomly.
- 5 Green Grass was done the same way. Most of the clippings will lay down flat on the ground so don’t overdo it.
- Wet and glue this in place and allow to dry completely.
- Now you want some Yellow and Green grass to stand up. Place a few random dots of glue on the landscape and plant short snips of grass in the glue. Tease to tops to spread them out so the grass looks bushy.
- You can finish up with some paper litter (cigarette paper) , an old barrel, natural twigs and an animal. When you are all done, the original “dirt” should show through in random places.