1190 Roofing Sand Model Railroad Scenery (Three COLORS)
Red, Green and grey powder for rooftops.
Many flat commercial roofs have asphalt shingles that contain roofing sands. These are tiny particles that consist of graded crushed rock, porcelain, slag, slate or tile. Roofing sands are used on flat commercial roofs for several reasons. Here are a few of their benefits, along with some conditions that can affect them.
Roofing sands are constructed with a ceramic coating. The sands that are most commonly used consist of ground-up molten rock particles, such as solid volcanic lava, basalt or granite. To obtain the proper granule size these particles are processed and then covered with a silicate mixture. Once this has been done, the next step is adding color to the mixture.
After coating the sands, rotary calciners treat the coating so that it turns into a ceramic. This is done to make the shingles more durable, besides seals in the color. Furthermore, it also gives the final product additional aesthetic appeal.
ADVANTAGES OF ROOFING SANDS
Roofing sands on flat commercial roofs offer several benefits such as:
- One of the main advantages of roofing sands is that they provide aesthetic beauty. This is the result of colors that have been blended together, giving a roof depth and a rich appearance.
- Besides cosmetic appeal, roofing sands also serve practical purposes. For example, they’re designed to protect the asphalt coating of shingles from harsh UV sunlight.
- Because roofing sands can make a roof cooler, this can mean having lower utility bills for your business. As a result, you’ll have more money for other expenses.
- What’s more, roofing sands provide fire resistance for shingles.
FACTORS THAT CAN AFFCET ROOFING SANDS
There are several factors that can cause sands to loosen and be removed from asphalt shingles:
- Pressure cleaning can easily blast sands from roof shingles.
- Intense winds and heavy rainfall can be factors.
- Even small hail can displace roofing sands.
- Foot traffic can also cause sands to dislodge
|Dimensions||4.2 × 2.7 × .85 in|